We take your rights to privacy, data protection, and informational self-determination very seriously. Therefore, we would like to inform you how our organization collects and uses personal data.
If you already signed up for shiftspace and are using our web application by logging into your account, we like to keep it simple and collect only the data you explicitly give us or those that arise for technical reasons:
- IP address - Using any website inevitably means that your IP address will be send to server where we are logging it for the duration of the program for the purpose of tracing errors or deriving anoymized device/browser usage.
- Cookies - When you log in to your account, a cookie is created for the purpose of keeping you logged in during interactions with the web application and deleted again when you log out.
- Name and email address - We ask for these during the sign-up process and use it to send (optional) notification and reminders for the web application or to invite you to online workshops that are part of the program.
- User-generated content - Through various interactions with the web application, you are able to write journal entries (always private) and peer reflections (optionally private). None of these are shared with anyone else unless you explicitly ask for it.
We securely store your data on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). shiftspace is in full control of your data and takes responsibility for its ethical and GDPR-compliant treatment ("data controller"). GCP acts as a "data processor" and is certified under major privacy and security standards. For more information, consult GCP Terms of Service.
shiftspace will keep your data for up to 6 months after your completion of the program. Once this time period has expired, we will anonymize your data by removing any personally identifiable information. This means that we will not be able to relate any of the usage data generated while on the program to you. At any point in time during the program, you also have the option to delete your (non-shared) data or account via the profile section.
As a business, it's important for us to understand what products you like or don't like, and to inform you about our products and services if we strongly believe that they are relevant for you. To achieve this goal, we work with various external services when advertising the product, e.g. on LinkedIn or on our own product and landing pages:
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop shiftspace from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
shiftspace would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request shiftspace for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that shiftspace correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request shiftspace to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that shiftspace erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that shiftspace restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to shiftspace's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that shiftspace transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that shiftspace has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Kavalleriestr. 2-4
- 40213 Düsseldorf
- Telefon: 0211/38424-0
- Fax: 0211/38424-10
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org